Thursday, October 6, 2011

Some Craft Stuff!

Okay so I've had pictures saved on my computer for like a MONTH. So it's time to show some of my crafts. I have a hard time finishing crafts, example: I've been crocheting a blanket for 3 years. So I have some half stuff done, and I feel like that's how I'm getting with my blog, but I'm going to fight it!
 Here's a blurry, but silly picture of Bear, he was watching me make my craft!

This project is simple, fun and looks very sweet.

So if you have to know anything about me, I LOVE coloring, but I have a problem, well a few problem with crayons.

1. I EXCLUSIVELY use Crayola. Yup, I'm a crayon supremest, but there's something just so terrible and waxy about any other crayon.
2. I don't share my crayons, every time I share my crayons someone breaks them and it just makes me angry, the only person who hasn't broken one of my crayons is my boyfriend. But if he ever does he will NOT be able to use my crayons.
3. Lastly, I HATE dull crayons, I really should just use colored pencils because I prefer accuracy in my coloring, but I like sharp crayons. 

I sound crazy... but I'm just particular. Coloring really is a great way to de-stress and revert back to childhood. ACTUALLY, during my conference of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, I attended a lecture on how coloring is good for you because it activates certain areas of the brain, it's actually GREAT way to fight off Alzheimer's.
But the conclusion I'm trying to get to is that I have A LOT of dull and/or broken crayons, I don't know why I don't just throw them away but, I'm glad now that I kept them, there are a TON of crafts for used crayons. 

So for this project you'll need:
 - a box of 64 Crayons (use Crayola).
- a blank canvas (or a black one!)
- glue gun
- a blow dryer
 Step One: Get your crayons and canvas

 Step 2: Arrange your crayons in color order, I did rainbow (Roy G. Biv), but I'm sure you could so anything or just do specific colors if you're going for a certain look.

 Step 3: Glue the crayons on.

Step 4: Hit it with a blow dryer, I propped my up against a wall and put the blow dryer on the hottest heat, starting with the Red, and working down through the rest. 

And then TADA! It's finished! Super easy and it looks so sweet. I hung it up on my wall even before it finished drying!

No comments:

Post a Comment