Friday, June 24, 2011

Putting My Big Girl Pants On.



For the first time in my life, starting in about a month, I will be cooking for myself everyday. I consider myself a pretty good cook, and I like to try a lot of new recipes. But I've never had to consistently, day after day. Cook everything by myself.

So, that's what this blog is about. It's also about me, moving on like a big girl. Starting in August I will be attending George Mason University in Fairfax Virginia for my Masters Degree and Human Factors in Applied Cognition. What does that mean? Well, I'm going to make the world a happier lazier place! the basis of Human Factors is Engineering and Ergonomics, mixed with Psychology. What does one do with this degree, I could work for an independent contracting firm and design stuff. Like new ovens, new kitchen appliances, or I can work for the government and help design airplanes and spaceships for NASA. Either way I'll be happy. I'm excited about my classes too! I'm taking one called Eye Movement and Perception, and I love that part of Human Factors, I love eyes, and the idea of sight! It's crazy how it works.

I will be moving into a townhouse in Fairfax with 3 other people. They seem really cool and I feel like we'll all totally get along (of course I say that now). We have a lot of space to work with, 1500 sq feet to be exact.

This is the floor plan:


I'm SUPER excited and CANNOT wait to be there!



I was put in charge of the kitchen table, so I decided to be thrifty. I bought a table from a garage sale for $20 dollars! Then I took it all apart. I'm currently in the process of sanding it. I'm painting the table a nice bright aqua, and I reupholster he chairs with this super cute fabric.


For the rest of my time here in New York I'm just spending time with my family and working my butt off! I've actually even been able to save money... WHAT!

So I'm going to post a bunch of stuff on here, crafts, recipes and graduate school things. Hopefully I won't get bored of this and forget to post stuff! And hopefully my posts aren't boring and no one wants to read them!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Savannah My Girl...thanks so much for this blog !

    I'm really proud of you and so happy for you. I still
    miss "little Savannah " but am so excited to watch you soar !

    I love ya !
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited that I found your blog! I wish I were half as creative as you and can't wait to read about all your recipes and craft projects!

    ReplyDelete